Waterville, Maine — Waterville Creates!, a non-profit supporting and promoting high-quality, accessible arts and cultural programs and institutions in Waterville, Maine, is pleased to announce tickets are now on sale for Variety! – an evening of exceptional entertainment – at the historic Waterville Opera House on Saturday, October 19th at 7:30pm. Tickets for this first annual fundraiser are available for $35.00 each online at www.WatervilleCreates.org/variety or by calling the Waterville Opera House Box Office at 207-873-7000.
Variety! is a new, signature fundraising event for the performing, visual and cinematic arts in Waterville and promises to be the hottest ticket in town. This year features a live equestrian act on stage, which hasn’t happened at the Waterville Opera House in over eighty years. All Variety! proceeds will directly support the programming of Waterville Creates!, the Maine Film Center, and the Waterville Opera House.
Amazing and original performances have been curated especially for this community event! Your Emcee for this evening of exceptional entertainment is Hannah Dineen, NEWS CENTER Maine’s newest weekend news anchor and Colby alumni. Featured Variety! performances include:
- Kevin Crane, Intuitive Horseman with Star the Dancing Horse
- King of New York by the cast of Disney’s Newsies the Musical
- Joao Victor, Maine Poetry Out Loud 2019 Champion
- The cast of Waterville Senior High School’s Cinderella
- Emilienne Ouellette, Begin the Beguine by Cole Porter
- Mike Miclon, Stand-Up Juggler
- Happy Hoofers by TNT Dance Studio’s Tap Company – Hannah Butler, Maya Gray, Hunter Hamlin, Haley Libby, Kali Lozada, Rowan Saucier (choreography: Terri Glidden)
- Screening of Ocean Child, an award-winning film by Isabelle and Phoebe Rogers
- MIFF Trailer Compendium by Jak Peters
- Barbershop by Maine Stream – Jay Daniel, Steve Eccher, Tim Giroux, Emmons Pinkham, Tim Giroux, Juan Lavalle-Rivera
- Music by Automat – Gary Coons, Dan Dubord, Steve Fotter, Greg Goulette, Jim LaLiberty, Christine Poulson
“Only 41% of our total budget is covered by ticket sales and program fees,” says Shannon Haines, president and CEO of Waterville Creates! “We rely on the support of our community to help sustain outstanding arts and cultural programming that is accessible to all. We felt that a variety-show fundraiser featuring performing, visual and cinematic arts would be the perfect way to represent the impact our organization has on central Maine, highlight incredible local talent, and provide our patrons with a delightful evening in thanks for their ongoing support.”
VARIETY! is made possible by Presenting Sponsor, Central Maine Motors Chevrolet, Media Sponsor NEWS CENTER Maine, Stage Sponsor Ware-Butler Inc., and Print Sponsor, SBS Carbon Copy.
About Waterville Creates!
Waterville Creates! connects artists, cultural organizations, and the public with arts and cultural events and programs happening in our community. We firmly believe that art and culture have the power to enrich lives, strengthen community bonds, and serve as an economic engine. We promote and support arts education, exhibitions, theatre, film, music, and dance that is accessible to all residents and visitors. By helping to build a creative economy, Waterville Creates! is leading the effort to make Waterville an exciting cultural destination and a thriving, vibrant community. Learn more at www.watervillecreates.org. For more information about the ongoing community capital campaign for the Paul J. Schupf Art Center visit www.downtownartscenter.org.