Waterville Creates (WC) seeks a Marketing Associate with outstanding organizational and communication skills to join our creative, collaborative organization. Using both established and new channels of communication, marketing strategies, and a broad array of (cultural, business, artistic) networks and community partners, the Marketing Associate will raise the profile of WC and its programs and further establish Waterville as a cultural destination.
• Work with the Leadership Team to develop and implement strategies to promote WC’s, and by extension, Waterville Opera House (WOH), Maine Film Center (MFC), and Ticonic Gallery + Studios’ (TGS) programming and organizational initiatives.
• Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice.
• Create social media content and schedule distribution on a continuous basis for WC, WOH, MFC, TGS.
• Evaluate and monitor marketing strategies on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and providing reports to the Leadership Team.
• Draft, proofread, and distribute press releases; maintain current database of press contacts.
• Coordinate paid advertising for WC, WOH, MFC, and TGS programs and events.
• Maintain WC’s branding standards in all advertising and marketing efforts.
• Serve as an ambassador for WC and its programs at external networking events and meetings.
• Distribute posters/flyers for WC events.
• Develop, distribute, and provide analysis for weekly Arts Spotlight e-newsletter.
• Maintain institutional archive with advertisements, promotional materials, news articles, press, etc.
• Serve as a community liaison and assist with promotion of partner events, including calendar listings and social media posts.
• Provide event support as needed at WC sponsored events, including Waterville Rocks!, PechaKucha, the Maine International Film Festival, Waterville Opera House productions, and gallery exhibitions.
• Assist with administrative duties and special projects as required, as well as perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
• Enthusiastic, flexible, and positive demeanor; creative problem solver and collaborative team player.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills.
• Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing.
• Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
• Must have a high level of creativity.
• Passion for and dedication to arts and culture, artists, and community initiatives.
• Must be able to attend evening and weekend events as required.
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram platforms.
• Criminal background check required.
• Valid Drivers’ License required.
Work is performed in a general office environment. Light lifting (up to 50 pounds) required. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Waterville Creates does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or military or veteran’s status. Waterville Creates is an equal opportunity employer and operates in accordance with federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination.
About Waterville Creates
Waterville Creates connects artists, organizations, and the public with arts and cultural events and programs happening in our community. Supporting and promoting arts education, exhibitions, theatre, film, music, and dance that is accessible to all, Waterville Creates is leading the effort to make Waterville an exciting cultural destination and a thriving, vibrant community. For more information about Waterville Creates, visit www.watervillecreates.org.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Attn: Marketing Associate Search Committee
Applications will be accepted through March 26, 2021.