SUPPORT THE ARTS IN WATERVILLE—help build
The Paul J. Schupf Arts Center
The thrill of seeing talented musicians perform live, the pride of creating something beautiful with your own two hands, the emotional pull of a great movie that stays with you for days, the joy of watching a family member perform on stage. The arts enrich our lives in so many ways, big and small. Waterville Creates envisions a community where people of all ages have access to transformative experiences in the arts, and the Paul J. Schupf Art Center is at the heart of this vision.
Thanks to the passion and hard work of our arts institutions and enduring community support, Waterville has long been a center for outstanding film, performing, and visual arts programming. This project will bring everything together in one amazing facility that will ensure access to the arts for generations to come, and we invite you to be a part of this legacy.
Scheduled for completion in late 2022, the Paul J. Schupf Art Center will include:
- The three screening rooms of Railroad Square Cinema;
- Ticonic Gallery + Studios, which includes a flexible exhibition space, a clay studio, and a dedicated classroom for youth and adult arts education;
- A new, larger rehearsal studio for Waterville Opera House theatre productions, educational camps, and dance classes as well as special events and receptions;
- A new contemporary gallery of the Colby College Museum of Art;
- A new skywalk that will provide an accessible connection to the Waterville Opera House lobby;
- A shared box office, where patrons can buy tickets and access information for all of this programming in one centralized place.
We are just $150,000 away from our $1 million goal for the community capital campaign in support of the Paul J. Schupf Art Center. Please help us meet our target by making your pledge today. Every dollar makes a difference and will be matched 3:1 by the Harold Alfond Foundation. All gifts are tax-deductible, and all donors will be recognized on our website. We are also offering the following special recognition opportunities:
- Take a Seat – for $1000, you can name a cinema seat for yourself, your family, your business, or someone you wish to honor.
- Donor Recognition Wall – all gifts of $5000 or more will be recognized on the donor wall in Schupf Arts.
If you would like to consider other naming opportunities or a multi-year pledge, please call Shannon Haines, President + CEO at 207-509-3367 or reach out via email at [email protected].
On behalf of all of us here at Waterville Creates, thank you for considering a gift in support of this transformative project.