Employment Opportunities - Patron Services Assistant
Patron Services Assistant
Part-Time; Non-Exempt Status
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Patron Services Assistants are public-facing professionals who demonstrate excellent customer service, attention to detail in sales of tickets and concessions, abide by state and organizational regulations and policies, and maintain the cleanliness and general appearance of Railroad Square Cinema, Waterville Opera House, and Ticonic Gallery + Studios (“Venues”). They serve as welcoming first points of contact for patrons; share information about events and installations; solicit participation in membership programs and donation campaigns; and elevate questions, concerns and suggestions to management on a timely basis. They liaise with vendors and distributors who provide services for the Venues and maintain inventory. They also perform daily cash-ups of points of sale and deliver daily transaction activity reports.
- Greeting customers and processing ticket, concessions, and merchandise sales.
- Preparing and serving of concessions, including alcoholic beverages in accordance with health, safety, and legal requirements
- Thoroughly cleaning all lobby, theater, bathroom, behind-the-counter, entryways, and office spaces; proper sanitation of all food preparation equipment.
- Tracking inventory and supplies and noting items for re-ordering.
Delivering daily transaction reports from online and cash register point of sale systems.
- Ensuring a welcoming and pleasant atmosphere; reporting all issues to management or relevant authorities.
- Communicating with the public about special programs, events, and campaigns, and sharing all suggestions and feedback with management.
- Occasionally setting up and staffing special events.
- Attending at all staff meetings and review of staff emails at least as frequently as each shift worked.
- Performing all duties to assist Waterville Creates senior staff as assigned.
- Performing all other related duties as assigned.
- Strictly adhering to public health and safety protocols.
- Previous customer experience in a fast-paced retail environment a plus.
- Familiarity with common computer systems, including Microsoft Office; working ability with WordPress and other web applications are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to become familiar with new software and IT systems.
- Ability to innovate and suggest improvements to existing processes.
- This position requires working shifts during afternoons, nights, and weekends, as well as throughout the Maine International Film Festival, Waterville Opera House productions, and Ticonic Gallery + Studios events as scheduled.
Work is performed in a general office and theater environment. Light lifting (up to 50 pounds) required. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity is required. Computer usage involving repetitive hand/wrist motion is also necessary.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] Include “Patron Services Assistant” in the subject line.