Marketing + Development Coordinator
Full-Time; Exempt Status
Reports to: Vice President
The Marketing + Development Coordinator serves as a valuable member of the Waterville Creates (WC) team and is responsible for providing key marketing support for the promotion and branding of Waterville Creates, Waterville Opera House (WOH), Maine Film Center (MFC), and Ticonic Gallery + Studios (TGS). The Coordinator’s key development responsibilities include support related to cultivation of business partnerships, sponsorship tracking and acknowledgement, and special fundraising initiatives. The Marketing + Development Coordinator works closely with the WC leadership team and in tandem with the WC Marketing Associate.
• Serves as point of contact for website updates, monitors the website on a weekly basis checking for accuracy for information related to all events + programs across the organization
• Coordinates templates and print collateral for WC programs; working with program staff, ensures timely distribution of print collateral in targeted areas; updates community calendar listings on a regular basis
• Serves as point of contact for paid advertising for WC, WOH + MFC; oversees distribution of e-newsletters as needed for WOH + MFC divisions
• Actively cultivates new business partners and supporters; procures advertisements for annual program guides
• Assists with database management to ensure accurate business partner/sponsor tracking and reporting; assists with sponsorship management, ensures appropriate sponsor acknowledgement
• Assists with all aspects of special fundraising initiatives: Giving Tuesday, Give Lively campaigns, Facebook campaigns, fundraising events, etc.
• Attends networking events, Rotary, Chamber, etc. on behalf of Waterville Creates
• Working collaboratively with other key staff members, continues to identify streamlined and efficient ways of collecting, storing, and sharing information across the organization
• Provides event support as needed at WC sponsored events, including Waterville Rocks, PechaKucha, the Maine International Film Festival, Waterville Opera House productions, and gallery receptions
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency with CRM database management, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Suite, Canva
• High capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining positive outlook
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse audiences including artists, community partners, and staff
• Dedication and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity as part of core program goals
• Experience with meeting established deadlines; possesses positive demeanor and has exceptional creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Dedication to arts, culture, artists, and community initiatives.
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail
• Valid Driver’s License
Work is performed in a general office environment. Light lifting (up to 50 pounds) required. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity is required.
Employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Waterville Creates (WC) seeks qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply for the
opportunity to join our team. WC is committed to building a more equitable work environment that includes a wide array of voices. We believe a diverse workforce strengthens our organization by increasing representation, expanding access, and building a strong creative coalition for the work we undertake. Waterville Creates is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: $40-42,000 commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Waterville Creates offers a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package that includes health, dental, and disability insurance, a simple IRA match, and paid PTO.
To Apply: send cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] Please include “marketing and development coordinator” in the subject line