The 2nd Annual Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend will be held Friday, November 16th and Saturday, November 17th at Thomas College in Waterville, Maine. An exciting event focused on elevating the innovative, entrepreneurial and revenue potential of Central Maine’s people and businesses. There will be three attendee tracks to choose from when registering:
- Startup — Take the leap and learn how to launch your idea or venture full-time
- Scale — Take your existing business to the next level and grow your revenue
- Side Hustle — Monetize your hobby, utilize modern sales platforms and build a brand
Schedule for Friday, November 16th:
12:30 – 1:00pm – Registration in Summit Room
1:00 – 1:30p.m. – Open Session “Entrepreneurship 2.0 – Why this is the best time ever to be an Entrepreneur” in the Summit Room with Mike Duguay, Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation at Thomas College.
1:35 – 3:00p.m. – Panel 1 – “The Art of the Start – How to Set Up Your Business for Success” in the Summit Room with Allison Watson, Small Business Development Centers; Linda Diou, SCORE; Reilly Kons, GHM Insurance; and Martha Bentley, Maine Technology Institute.
3:00 – 3:25p.m. – Networking Break in the Summit Room
3:30 – 5:00p.m. – Panel II – “Financing for Startup, Scale and Growth in the Summit Room with Sally Garand, Finance Authority of Maine; Jean Claveau, Camden National Bank; and Amy Bassett, Small Business Administration.
5:10 – 6:10p.m. – Dinner in Spann Commons Dining Center
6:15 – 7:15p.m. – Keynote Speaker in the Summit Room
Derek Myska, Entrepreneur and Founder of a venture capital backed high-tech dot com startup.
7:15 – 8:00p.m. – Networking in the Summit Room
Schedule for Saturday, November 17th:
8:30 – 8:40a.m. – Opening Session in Summit Room with Mike Duguay, Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation at Thomas College
8:45 – 9:30a.m. – Breakout Session 1 in Alfond Academic Center
- Startup – “Satisfy a Niche – One Brick at a time” with RJ Anzelc, Bricks Coworking & Innovation Space
- Scale Up – “Taking it to the Next Level – Identify and Eliminating the Obstacles” with Kelly Lacasse, The Maine Meal
- Side Hustle – “Exploring New E-Commerce Ventures” with Tracy O’Clair TOCmedia
9:40 – 10:00a.m. – Networking Break with Light Refreshments in the Board Room Foyer
10:05 – 11:00a.m. – Breakout Session 2
- Startup – “Building a Tribe and Creating Raving Fans” – Nate Towne, Christopher Hastings Confections
- Scale Up – “Growing customers through video and multi-media” – Matt Beach, Cre8iv Company
- Side Hustle – “Validate your Big Idea” – Chris Voynik, Wag Rags & Drone Scout LLC.
11:05a.m. – 12:00p.m. – Panel III – “Getting a startup to a side hustle and then scaling up – Putting all the pieces together” in Summit Room
Brendan Paradis & Zach Atherton, Lockout Labs LLC; Amy Rowbottom, Crooked Face Creamery; Chris Voynik, Wag Rags & Drone Scout LLC.
12:05 – 12:30p.m. – Plenary Session and Closing Remarks in Summit Room